Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tofo, Mozembique- where perfection goes on holiday

We arrived in Tofo about a week ago. I say about because I'm not really sure what day it is or when we arrived. The people around here say that if you stay long enough you sink into the Tofo hole. Poke your head up to look around and three months have passed before you know it.

I can completely understand why. Our room is a private straw hut sitting on top of a sand dune overlooking the ocean. Everynight I fall asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. The roads here are all dirt, the power is spotty, and the rain storms are amazing. The pace of life is slow. Real slow. The most active thing I've done since we arrived was snorkling with giant whale sharks. And I like it.

One day we decided that the beach we were staying on was nice but we wanted to see more so we hopped on a boat and sailed 2 hours to an island in the bay. New beach, same pace. You have to laugh when you realize your life, for the meantime at least, consists completely of island hopping from perfect beach to perfect beach. Well at least it makes me laugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment