Saturday, November 1, 2014

Chapter 1 comes to an end

It's hard to believe that 3 months of travel have already come and gone.
Mexico, Guatemala, and Honduras, are now only pictures in iPhoto.
Here are the highlights and low lights.

- Mexico: my advice GO. Don't listen to what Fox News tells you. It's an amazing place full of amazing people, sights, culture, and FOOD. My God the food. I miss it already. From Mexico City to Oaxaca to San Cristobal, each town more surprising then the next. I am so glad I had the chance to experience the true Mexico, I'm sure it won't be the last time.

- Guatemala: The biggest surprise of the three countries we visited. As soon we crossed the boarder I felt like the country wrapped its arms around us and never let go. Guatemala is one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been to. The mountains, the forests, the skies, the people and the LAKE. I was in love. Such a welcoming country. Smiles on every face, and a warmth that I haven't felt anywhere else in Central America. Not to mention it's the home of Lake Atitlan and Iguana Perdida. The friends and memories we made there are some of my favorite in all my travels.

- Honduras: Every party needs that person who you think might kill everyone in the party, and for our Central American party that person was Honduras. Utilia and the national forest aside of course.


0 comments:

Post a Comment