Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Noc 12 2010

They say age is only a number. They also say you're only as old as you feel. Well after hanging out with the local collegiate population in Dunedin I'll say I'm pushing somewhere around 60. It's amazing how old you can feel when you're standing in a room full of kids nearly half your age.

It's funny for so long I was oblivious to how old I actually am. People would ask me what my age was and I was always wrong. For three years I thought I was 30. It wasn't denial, it's just that I never really thought about it. I didn't feel any different then I did when I was 13. I swear. I still laughed at the thought of me being responsible for another life form, be it a plant, dog, or child. I still felt like I could out drink anyone, until my hangovers kept me one step from the emergency room for the three days after.

That was how it was. Now...its starting to get a little different.

The thought of actually starting your night at 11pm is as foreign to me as walking on the moon. I think kids are super human that can do that. Me I need to be in bed by 11pm or be on some seriously hard drugs to make it past 11:30.

Most people are really annoying in bars. They're loud. They aren't funny. They're way too aggresive. It's just not my scene. I'd rather chill out at a local pub full of steamboat captains recounting their oceanic adventures or be sipping wine with my lady overlooking a park filled with frolicking puppies.

It's sad. In fact it's devastating. I blame most of it on Sabrina. She is constantly telling me how old I am. Pointing out my grey hairs or my grey pubes. I know it's all in fun, but in a wierd way it's brought age into my conciousness. I am begginning to now see myself for what I really am...a 33 year old. Yikes. Crows feet and all. I think I liked life a little more when I was oblivious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment