Thursday, December 31, 2009

All Jokes Aside

Traveling is hard and I've only been doing it for a day.

Theres something absolutely terrifying about waking up in a strange place where you dont speak the language and where everyone looks at you like youre an alien. I woke up yesterday in Peru and looked at my lime green hostel walls and asked myself "what the fuck am I doing!".

Fast forward an hour to me in a cafe, trying to force down a sandwich while fighting the nausea of knowing I gave up a great job, a great apartment, great friends, and a comfortable bed to travel in smelly buses and sleep in hostels that more resemble a rave than a place to catch a nice nights sleep.

Its enough to make you sick.

This is my life. For the next year and hopefully when I'm done I'll realize that the comforts of home were really the things making me sick.

Being scared is fucking awesome.
Stepping outside of your comfort zone is completely terrifying.
You should try it sometime.

Holy shit. Here we go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment