Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hitting the wall

It was bound to happen. Traveling for this long will do that to you. I've reached maximum burnout. Every temple looks the same. Every church, fort, mountain, pile of cow poop, child, hostel, camel, etc looks exactly the same. I feel like I'm just floating through India right now, going from site to site with camera in hand collecting photos. I'm worried I'm losing perspective on the whole trip. I'm worried I've started to take things for granted.

So what to do?

I think the answer is not so much the travel as is where we have been traveling. For the most part Africa slums looks alot like Indian ones. City streets in Cairo look alot like those in Nairobi. Africa, India, and Egypt I think just might be too similar...and we've been in those places for almost 6 months. Thats a long time of seeing the same type of stuff.

We need a change. Need to renergize this trip. Go somewhere completely different from where we've been traveling. So instead of ending in New Zealand, we've decided to go there next! I'm really excited and think this is the punch in the arm this trip needs. We'll be trading slums, mud, trash, and poverty for picturesque mountains, white water rafting, wine tasting, and western luxuries.

This is the aspect of the trip I love most. We really live in a constant state of where do we want to go today? As long as there's money in the bank account, that question always has countless answers. Onward and upward!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment