Thursday, September 2, 2010

A typical day in Egypt

Getting anything done in Egypt is next to impossible. Even the simplest things.

Lets take checking into a hotel that offers internet. You check in. Ask for the password and they inform you that they the internet isn't working. You ask "but you told me you have internet", the response, "you didnt ask if it was working."

What?! I would just assume...

'the truth...we dont have internet. But I have seen the internet I can tell you about it'

"Tell me about it!"

'10 pounds'

"10 pounds to tell me about the internet?! Are you nuts?"

'You want nuts? No nuts. Store down the street.'

"What?!"

'Nuts on sale wednesday. Only wednesday. From 7-7:05.'

"They sell nuts for 5 minutes?"

'Yes but not during Ramadan. And not in December. January. Or April."

"ok"

'Goto store. It closed now but you wait for it to open'

"When will it open?."

'March. What is your name?'

"Reece"

'Chris?'

"Reece"

'Mike?'

"Yes Mike."

'Oh, we no sell internet or nuts to people named Mike.'

THE END

0 comments:

Post a Comment